Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)
is one of the most popular school in Singapore. The Anglo-Chinese School was founded way back on 1 March 1886 by Bishop William Fitzjames Oldham, located in a shop-house at 70 Amoy Street. The school adopted a bilingual approach to in academy. The students would learnt English in the morning and Chinese in the afternoon. The small school started with only 13 students but was quickly to be known for their quality and efficiency of education, earning respect in the local community. From then on, the school quickly populated and expended in 1887 to larger ground to hold more classes at Coleman Street. As the number of students increase, the principal, Rev Nagle, encouraged the brighter students to stay on in the school to help out as teachers. This forge a strong community spirit of harmonious living and education environment.
ACS goals is to nurture their students with holistic education that adopted in Christian values, allowing pupils to have the fullest potential to add value to the society, serve God and nation.
Families living in Forett At Bukit Timah
can now enrol their children to a trusted school for to have a better school education.